Updated: Nov 30, 2020
Note: Some sugar companies manufacture sugar using animal bones. This will cause the
What you need....
4 cups granulated sugar
6 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 vegetable oil
3 cups almond milk
2 Tablespoon vinegar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 (15 oz) cans pumpkin
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
How to make this...
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare cake pans.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, mix the flour, both sugars, the baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg on low to sift the ingredients.
3. In separate bowls, add the vinegar to the almond milk, and the vanilla to the oil.
4. With the mixer on low, add the almond milk mixture, the oil mixture and 1 cup room-temperature water. Mix until fully incorporated. Add another 1 cup room-temperature water and mix until completely blended.
5. Add the pumpkin and mix until fully incorporated.
6. Divide the batter evenly into the prepared pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cake comes out clean.