Updated: Jul 24, 2020
Note: This recipe will yield 4 eight inch cakes, 2 ten inch cake, or 8 six inch cakes
Granulated Sugar 4 cups (2lbs./893 g)
All Purpose Flour 6 cups (1 lbs. 14 oz./ 871 g)
Baking Soda 4 tsp. (⅝ oz./ 21 g)
Salt 2 tsp (⅜ oz./ 14 g)
Almond Milk 2 cups (500 ml)
Water 2 cups (500 ml)
Vegetable oil 1 ½ cups (350 ml)
White Vinegar 2 T. (1 oz by weight/26 g)
Vanilla Extract 2 T. (1 oz by weight/ 26 g)
Bananas 4 each
Note: You can use any milk alternative in place of the almond milk. That includes real milk as well.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F or 176 C. Grease two 10-inch round cake pans with pan spray and set aside.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment add the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt on low speed. This will sift the dry ingredients for you while you prepare your wet ingredients.
3. Measure your wet ingredients while the dry ingredients are sifting. Add the vinegar to the milk and the vanilla to the water.
4. With the mixer on low, add the oil, milk mixture and about ¾ of the water. Once this is smoother, add the remaining water.
5. Puree the bananas and add to the batter. Mix until smooth.
6. Separate batter into your pans evenly (they will each get about 3 cups of batter). Bake for 35-45 minutes or until set.